Jesus instructed the disciples to go make disciples, baptizing them. He felt so strongly about this that he even used himself as an example, offering himself for baptism by John the Baptist.
Baptism is our way of making our commitment to Christ public. WE join Christ in His burial as we are submerged under the water and become resurrected with Him as we come up transformed into his likeness.
With all the Christians being persecuted around the World, this is a perfect time to stand and be counted for Jesus Christ. Let our brothers and sisters in Christ SEE they are not alone. Tweet your baptism pics to #GodsLoveChats 2pmPDT on SONday! Let’s see #WorldWideBaptismMay24th TREND on Twitter on Pentecost SONday!! YAY!
Some believe that the Holy Spirit fills us at the same time. So we have chosen The Day of Pentecost to bring attention to the practice of Baptism. Pentecost was the day the Holy Spirit came to earth and filled the disciples and thousands more, forming the foundation of the Church of Christ in the world.
Join us in making a public statement this year with #WorldWideBaptismMay24th. Here’s HOW!
- Get a team of folks together to be baptized. Choose already baptized disciples/followers of Jesus to do the baptizing.
- Take the team to a river, lake, pool, or any tub of water.
- Have them each tell you how they know Jesus and why they want to be baptized into a life of following Him and turn from sinful habits with His help.
- Say a prayer dedicating the baptism as the person’s public commitment & the beginning of their healthy and lifelong walk in service to the Lord Jesus for His glory.
- Dunk them 1 by 1 in the water repeating instructions Jesus gave us in Matthew 28, “I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
- Have a camera person taking pictures of the Baptism.
- Begin uploading your baptism pictures or videos to Twitter at 2pmPDT/5pmEDT on May24th with the hashtag #WorldWideBaptismMay24th
- If you have pictures of baptisms that you or your church have conducted on other days, please upload them in the same way on the same day.
- Our vision is to have #WorldWideBaptismMay24 to trend on Twitter that day, showing the world of the powerful faith in followers around the world.
We are so hopeful that you and your friends and neighbors from every corner of the world will join us in baptism. Even if you have been baptized before, you can celebrate you walk with the Lord by a re-commitment! We will retweet your precious pictures to honor you and your public commitment and our Lord and the day He sent His Holy Spirit to every believer.
IMPORTANT If time constraints make our timeframes impossible for your Twitter postings, just send your pictures anytime before May 24th 2pmPacificDaylightTime to @CheriDouglas. I will tweet them for you into the Twitter trending stream on May 24th.
May God get the Glory this day!!!